A place where you can park your bike, come in, sit down and enjoy some good food and company

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Whats behind the red door?

Moxie's !   So for my birthday this year I got to chose, Party or dinner out. Sorry guys....I picked dinner out. When I allowed my mind to wander of all the wonderful eating establishments in town, and all the different types of food....I came up with Moxie. I always feel so "grown up" here. For the "whole package" experience you cant beat it. It was a rainy night, we had to park a block away as usual downtown. Even knowing where this place is you almost walk right by it. You cant see in the doors or small windows.  I opened the door for my wife and walked in out of the rain. We were greeted with smiles from the working "expo" and told they would check us in right away.We had an early reservation (a must here) but the restaurant was already bustling. Before we could take of our coats we were whisked to our seats. The service team works so well together, setting tables,clearing tables, grabbing drinks....  We sat, ordered each a glass of wine from the wine list (you can order all by glass or bottle)  Then our guests arrived.  Then the best part happens....the reading of the nights specials. Do not be distracted because you will miss something.  I counted five appetizers and for entrees, lets see... Salmon,Halibut,Sea Bass, Scallops,Ahi,Chicken,Lamb,Prime rib and Fillet Mignon, hmmm did I miss something? Anyway, Our guests had the Lamb and Sea bass, I had the Halibut, my wife had the the Seafood pasta. I ordered crab cakes as the appetizer. While I prefer lump crab, Served with a lemon aoli sauce.These were very tasty. We had Caesar salads after the cakes. They were good also. The server was a little more of a showman this visit. And added a few laughs to our dinning pleasure. The entrees came soon after the salads, every dish looked wonderful.  Our dinner guests lamb was tender and mild,but with great flavor. the Sea bass prepared with a macadamia nut crust, was tasty with a nice mango,pineapple salsa.  My Halibut with a lemon,white wine and caper sauce was cooked perfectly.My wifes seafood pasta was fantastic. Probably the most seafood Ive seen in a pasta dish. Almost like ciopinno with noodles. We ate well. My only hesitation with the dish was the red cabbage "kraut". It felt out of place with the other flavors. It might have been my wine pairing though. All in all another great meal at Moxies.  And.....meals always taste a little better when someone else picks up the tab!  Thanks again Gordon and Helen, We had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment