A place where you can park your bike, come in, sit down and enjoy some good food and company

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas means.....Food!

OK, So not really, But it is time to eat and drink in excessive moderation. We had a fantastic Family style meal at Chateau Woods last night. Smoked Salmon was the highlight. Salmon fillet with just the right amount of hickory smoke, It almost had a sweetness to it. Spiral cut ham with a bubbly glaze. Loaded mashed potatoes,Mac and cheese and cheese. Sausage gravy.............. There were more fixings but I'm getting full reliving it. It was a nice meal and the service was great :)


Next, Back to the Handle Bar. We were serving  brunch today. Just for family. The menu was short due to wanting to spend time with the Family. I made a spinach Gruyere and Cheddar cheese quiche. Then I cut up a day old loaf of french bread and made French bread. Of course the only way I do this is to fry it in the grease from the pound of bacon I just cooked. I made a warm blueberry sauce for the Toast. On the sides we had my Garlicky home fried potatoes and a bowl of fresh fruit. Washed it down with sparkeling wine Mismosas mmmmm  good stuff. Two more days of eating left!

No comments:

Post a Comment