A place where you can park your bike, come in, sit down and enjoy some good food and company

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Beer!

Lagunitas!  My personal favorite Brewery. I always have a bottle of the "Pils" in stock. So for the big turkey day I decided to pick up a bottle of Doppel Weizen. I thought it would cut the smoked turkey well. I really didn't get to find out how it paired because we ended up popping it open during "Happy Hour". I served it in a tulip glass. It poured very copper orange and cloudy. It had a off white head that wasn't very big and dissipated quickly. A small amount of lacing. It smelled of clove,spice and banana. It had a malty sweet taste,citrusy, some wheat and you could pick up the high alcohol. It had a medium mouth feel, I thought it would feel thicker. Very smooth but with a higher carbonation. I'd call it crisp.
Overall I like it. A whole bottle would kick my but so it was nice to share. I'm not always a fan of the "weizen's" because the clove/banana thing. But this worked well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment