A place where you can park your bike, come in, sit down and enjoy some good food and company

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ciopinno night!

http://www.onespeedpizza.com/ So what started as grabbing a pint of brew after work, turned into a wonderful family dinner night at One Speed!
 I wanted to check out the new release of Double Bastard Ale from Stone Brewing Co. It is a 11.2%ABV beer. Limited release. The beer did not fail. Sometimes these high alcohol brews are over the top. This one was more like a Scotch ale. Nice bite, no heavy Carmel or burnt tastes. I liked it.
 The highlight of the evening turned out to be the Ciopinno. It was packed full of seafood. I found shrimp,calamari,scallops,white fish,clams,mussels and of course..Crab! A nice rich broth with excellent sourdough toast to sop it up with. One of the best bowls I have had. Sharing this meal with my family makes it an evening to remember!

2 comments: